Department of Hydrosciences, School of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, P.R. China
He received the Ph.D. in 2014 from PhD from the School of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Nanjing University. where he is Associate Professor since 2017. His main research fields are land subsidence monitoring using DFOS techniques, sustainable materials in soil treatment (industry by-products, biochar), mechanical behaviors and characteristics of calcareous sands. He received in 2018 the National Science and Technology Progress Award-First Class, P.R. China(12/15). He is author of several publications in international journals
- Zhang Bo, Gu Kai, Bayer Peter, Qi Haibo, Shi Bin, Wang Baojun, Jiang Yuehua, Zhou Quanping. 2023. Estimation of Groundwater Flow Rate by an Actively Heated Fiber Optics Based Thermal Response Test in a Grouted Borehole. Water Resources Research, 59, e2022WR032672. https://doi.org/10.1029/2022WR032672.
- .Liang Yu, Gu Kai, Shi Bin*, Liu Suping, Wu Jinghong, Lu Yi, Hilary I. Inyang. Estimation of land subsidence potential via distributed fiber optic sensing. Engineering Geology 2022; 298, 106540 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2022.106540.
- Liu Su Ping, Shi Bin,Gu Kai, Zhang Cheng Cheng, He Jian Hui, Wu Jing Hong, Wei Guang Qing. Fiber optic wireless sensor network using ultra weak fiber Bragg gratings for vertical subsurface deformation monitoring. Natural Hazards 2021; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-021-04932-1.
- Zhang Bo, Gu Kai, Shi Bin, Liu Chun, Bayer Peter, Wei Guangqing, Gong Xvlong, Yang Lei. Actively heated fiber optics based thermal response test: A field demonstration. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2020; 134:110336. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2020.110336.
- Gu Kai, Shi Bin, Liu Chun, Jiang Hongtao, Li Tianbin, Wu Jinghong. Investigation of land subsidence with the combination of distributed fiber optic sensing techniques and microstructure analysis of soils. Engineering Geology 2018; 240:34–47. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2018.04.004.