He received the Ph.D. in 2014 from PhD from the School of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Nanjing University. where he is Associate Professor since 2017. His main research fields are land subsidence monitoring using DFOS techniques, sustainable materials in soil treatment (industry by-products, biochar), mechanical behaviors and characteristics of calcareous sands. He received in 2018 the National Science and Technology Progress Award-First Class, P.R. China(12/15). He is author of several publications in international journals
- Liu S.P., Shi B., Gu K., Zhang C.C., Zhang S., Yang P., et al., Application of distributed fiber optic sensing technique in land subsidence monitoring in coastal areas: a case study in Tianjin, China. Proc Int Assoc Hydrol Sci, 382, 137–141, 2020.
- K. Gu, B. Shi, C. Liu, H. Jiang, T. Li, J. Wu, Investigation of land subsidence with the combination of distributed fiber optic sensing techniques and microstructure analysis of soils, Eng. Geol., 240, 34–47, 2018.
- J. Wu, B. Shi, D. Cao, H. Jiang, X. Wang, K. Gu, Model test of soil deformation response to draining / recharging conditions based on DFOS, Eng. Geol., 226, 107–121, 2017.
- D. Cao, B. Shi, H. Zhu, K. Zhu, G. Wei, K. Gu, Performance evaluation of two types of heated cables for distributed temperature sensing-based measurement of soil moisture content, J. Rock Mech. Geotech. Eng., 8, 212–217, 2016.
- K. Gu, C. Tang, B. Shi, J. Hong, F. Jin, A study of the effect of temperature on the structural strength of a clayey soil using a micropenetrometer, Bull. Eng. Geol. Environ., 73, 747–758, 2014.