Dr. Hamed Niroumand is a faculty member and an Iranian professional engineer in geotechnical engineering. He is 39 years old and has been working in his field since 2008. He has published 47 books, 350 journal and conference papers, and 45 patents in various countries such as Iran, USA, Germany and etc. His research topics include foundations, earth anchors, heritage and earth buildings, subsidence and sinkholes, numerical analysis, and nanotechnology. He has received over 20 awards and medals for his inventions and research, such as the best researcher award in the Ministry of Road and Urban Development (MRUD) in 2016. One of his notable achievements is receiving the 1st rank for youngest researcher in Iran for three consecutive years (2011, 2012, and 2013). He has also published numerous books on foundations, earth anchors, and heritage and earth buildings with prestigious publishers such as Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, and CRC. He has led and participated in various geotechnical projects and consulting and construction companies as a company CEO, project manager and professional engineer. He has organized and directed 35 international/national conferences of civil engineering and served as an editorial team member and reviewer for more than 100 scientific journals. He has held various academic positions such as head of department, and vice-chancellor for academic and research affairs in the university, and director of the strategic council for transportation infrastructures in the MRUD. He is the founder and chair of the Niroomand Research Group (NRG) since 2017, where he works with his master, PhD and post-doc students. He is passionate about teaching and mentoring students and collaborating with other researchers and professionals in his field in various countries.
- Niroumand, H., Mehrizi, M.E.M., Saaly, M. (2017), Mesh-less smoothed particle hydrodynamics in modeling of soil behavior, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, 53(6), 370-375
- Yazdi, Z., and Niroumand, H. (2021), Assessment of Land Subsidence due to Groundwater Exploitation, by Finite Element and Finite Difference Methods in the Tehran Plain, 24th Symposium of Geological Society of Iran, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran, 16-17 Nov 2021
- Yazdi, Z., and Niroumand, H. (2021), Modeling of Land Subsidence due to Groundwater Exploitation, by Finite Element and Finite Difference Methods, 24th Symposium of Geological Society of Iran, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran, 16-17 Nov 2021
- Yazdi, Z., and Niroumand, H. (2021), Assessment of Land Subsidence in Qazvin Plain, 24th Symposium of Geological Society of Iran, Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran, 16-17 Nov 2021
- Nateqi, M., Niroumand, H. (2019), Land Subsidence Effects on Bridges in the World, The 5th International Conference on Bridges, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Fall 2019
- Nateqi, M. and Niroumand, H. (2018), Review of All Subsidence in the Western United States of America, GeoTerrace-2018, The Institute of Geodesy Lviv Polytechnic National University, Lviv, Ukraine