Received the Hydraulic Civil Engineering degree with honours in 1991 at the University of Padova, Italy. He is Associate Professor in Hydrology and Hydraulic Engineering at the Dept. of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Padova (Italy), associated researcher at the National Research Council in Venice, co-founder of M3E S.r.l., spin-off of the University of Padova. His research and professional activities are mainly concerned with modelling of land subsidence due to natural sediment compaction and peat oxidation, geomechanical issues related to fluid (water, hydrocarbon) withdrawal/injection from/into the subsurface, fault activation and earth fissuring. He has been involved in national and international research projects funded by the European Union, UNESCO-IGCP, the European Space Agency, Italian national and regional governments, the Venice Water Authority, Eni E&P, the Italian oil company, ENEL S.p.A. He has been member of the Organizing Committee and/or Scientific Advisory Board of the Int. Symposiums on Land Subsidence held in 2000, 2010, 2015. He is the author and co-author of more than 200 publications in international journals and conference proceedings.
- C. Zoccarato, P. S. J. Minderhoud, and P. Teatini, The role of sedimentation and natural compaction in a prograding delta: Insights from the mega Mekong delta, Vietnam, Scientific Reports. 8, 11437, doi:10.1038/s41598-018-29734-7, 2018.
- G. Gambolati, and P. Teatini, Geomechanics of subsurface water withdrawal and injection, Water Resour. Res., doi:10.1002/2014WR016841, 2015.
- L. Tosi, P. Teatini, and T. Strozzi, Natural versus anthropogenic subsidence of Venice, Nature Scientific Reports, 3:2710, doi:10.1038/srep02710, 2013.
- G. Gambolati and P. Teatini, Venice Shall Rise Again. Engineered Uplift of Venice through Seawater Injection. Elsevier Insights, eBook ISBN 9780124201484, 100 pp., 2013.
- P. Teatini, N. Castelletto, M. Ferronato, G. Gambolati, C. Janna, E. Cairo, D. Marzorati, D. Colombo, A. Ferretti, A. Bagliani and F. Bottazzi, Geomechanical response to seasonal gas storage in depleted reservoirs: A case study in the Po River basin, Italy, J. Geophys. Res., 116, F02002, doi:10.1029/2010JF001793, 2011.