Kepala Badan Informasi Geospasial (BIG)
Head of Geospatial Information Agency of Indonesia
Hasanuddin Z. Abidin is a Professor at the Geodesy Research Group, Faculty of Earth Science and Technology, Institute of Technology Bandung (ITB), Indonesia. At present he is also the Head of Geospatial Information Agency of Indonesia. He obtained his Insinyur degree from Dept. of Geodetic Engineering, ITB in 1985, and his MSc.Eng and PhD degrees from the Department of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering (previously Dept. of Surveying Engineering), Univ. of New Brunswick, Canada, in 1989 and 1992 respectively. His academic background is related to the theory and applications of satellite geodesy; and his research works up to the present times includes the following areas, namely: ambiguity resolution of GPS signals; the use of GPS system for geodetic surveying, land surveying, cadastral surveying, and marine applications; use of GPS survey method for monitoring fault motion, geodynamics, volcano deformation, land subsidence, landslide, and dam deformation; geodetics aspects of the international boundary; and integration of GPS and INSAR for deformation study.
- P.E. Yastika, N. Shimizu, H.Z. Abidin, Monitoring of long-term land subsidence from 2003 to 2017 in coastal area of Semarang, Indonesia by SBAS DInSAR analyses using Envisat-ASAR, ALOS-PALSAR, and Sentinel-1A SAR data, Advances in Space Research 63 (5), 1719-1736, 2019.
- B.D. Yuwono, H.Z. Abidin, H. Andreas, I. Gumilar, M. Awaluddin, Development of static differential method GNSS CORS UDIP for monitoring land subsidence in Semarang Demak, Advanced Science Letters 23 (3), 2207-2210, 2017.
- L Ge, A.H.M. Ng, X. Li, H.Z. Abidin, I. Gumilar, Land subsidence characteristics of Bandung Basin as revealed by ENVISAT ASAR and ALOS PALSAR interferometry, Remote Sensing of Environment 154, 46-60, 2014.
- H.Z. Abidin, H. Andreas, I. Gumilar, T.P. Sidiq, Y. Fukuda, Land subsidence in coastal city of Semarang (Indonesia): characteristics, impacts and causes, Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk 4 (3), 226-240, 2013.
- E Chaussard, F. Amelung, H.Z. Abidin, S.H. Hong, Sinking cities in Indonesia: ALOS PALSAR detects rapid subsidence due to groundwater and gas extraction, Remote Sensing of Environment 128, 150-161, 2013.